Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Book Review: Cowboy Town by Kasey Millstead



Ever since her parents passed away in a tragic car accident, Eden Cross has been living a quiet, stable and predictable life in inner Sydney - the total opposite of her carefree, relaxed, happy-go-lucky past.  Her parents passing and the fact she's an only child meant Eden was left with her best friend, Jules and Matt, her boyfriend of three years as her only family.  That was until she discovered something about Matt that would turn her life upside down.  Eden leaves Sydney in a hurry and begins an adventure that takes her across four Australian states before she lands in Pine Creek, Northern Territory.
Jackson Henley has lived in Pine Creek his entire life.  He runs a massive cattle and cropping station with his twin brother, Jeremy, which they inherited when their parents retired.  He's had a bad experience with relationships courtesy of The Bitch - Dannika, so lately he's preferred to play the field.  That is, until he comes face to face with the stunning brunette beauty who's behind the bar at The Cow and Calf.  The problem is, she won't tell him her name, she won't give him the time of day, and she won't give him a chance to prove himself.
What's it going to take for Eden to give Jackson a chance?  Does he have the patience to even bother fighting for her?  How will he handle the competition? 
In the end, will Jackson have what it takes to convince Eden to start living again, instead of just existing?
**ARC is provided by the author in exchanged of an honest review. 

When I first saw the cover of Cowboy Town, I thought it was another BDSM novel. But boy, I was wrong!

Lesson learned? Do not judge the book by its cover! Yay!!

Moving on...

When I read the dedication I was like...


Yes, I was deeply saddened that I started to tear up. From that moment, I know I will love this book hard.

Cowboy Town is written in Eden's  (Edie) POV, our lovely heroine. An amazing and strong woman who started her adventure to have a break and think things over after discovering something from his ex, Matt. (oh! that jerk!) Their relationship is disastrous and I'm glad it ended there. When she finally decided to move out of Sydney, I was cheering for her. Been there, done that, so I know how it feels.

"My shoulders slumped and tears pricked my eyes. I felt like I'd found my nirvana - something I'd been searching for when I didn't even know I'd been searching and now the search is over"

When Eden reached Pine Creek (which she referred "HOME") she met new set of friends that made her stay more enjoyable. Then she met the edible and super hot cowboy, Jackson. 

"The best things in life need work. If you don't have to work for something, its not the best"

I love how their relationship grows. It wasn't an insta-love. I love how they took the time to acknowledge what they feel. I swooned over Jackson when he started to get Eden's attention. I love how he showed his affection to her. He makes her feel special. He proved to her that he's far better than his ex. He became vulnerable to her so she could learn to open up and trust again. 

For me, Cowboy Town is about 

Finding yourself and the happiness you truly deserve. Finding yourself is a journey. There will be hurdles along the way. But through it all, when you finally found what you're looking for, it will be worth it. You just have to open yourself to more possibilities that will make a drastic change to your life. 

And if there is one thing I learned from reading this book
It is to TRUST YOUR PARTNERS.. 

Communicate with them, Never ever let your feelings flowed all over the place. Do not jump into conclusions. If you want to know something, ask them directly that way you could avoid misunderstandings. 

Before I end this, I would like to commend Ms. Kasey Millstead for this amazing book. It's her first novel that I'd read and I'm glad it didn't disappoint.

Overall, Cowboy Town is beautifully written. It’s a fast and engaging read that keeps me interested from page one until the end. There are no dull moments, people! It’s a mix of everything. I caught myself crying, laughing, and getting pissed and tense. The characters were so relatable. Their humorous and sarcastic comebacks had me laughing out loud. It feels like you're talking with them instead of reading. Their actions seem real and between those lines, you will learn something. The setting is perfect. I love the country feel. It’s vivid and all I wanted to do is pack my things and move to Pine Creek.


This book deserves
☆☆☆☆☆


Kasey Millstead is a married mum of 4. She lives in the Great Southern Land aka Down Under aka Australia. Kasey like s reading, writing, drinking with her girls, baking, scrapbooking and dancing.

You can stalk Kasey here:



No comments:

Post a Comment